Forex Major Pairs | Majors and Crosses In Forex Trading
Forex Major Pairs & Crosses
You may hear a word “Forex Major pairs” during your journey to learn Forex Trading.We already discussed currency trading in the previous lesson Currency Trading that we buy one currency to sell another.“We buy and sell currency pairs in forex trading.”
What is Forex Major Pairs
“USD” is the most frequent, popular and the largest trading currency. The pair which contains “US Dollar” at one side is considered the majors in forex.Majors are the most liquid trading currency pairs in the world of the forex market.Below is the most common currency pairs traded in FX market.
- EURUSD: ( Euro / Dollar ) “EUR” is the second most popular currency, As compared to other pairs EURUSD is most traded currency pair in the forex market.EURUSD average daily moves around 100-150 Pip.
- GBPUSD: (Brish Pound and the US Dollar) GBPUSD is also central famous pair among forex traders.I believe the good technical accuracy in this pair.GBPUSD average moves 150-200 pips in a day.
- USDJPY: ( US Dollar and Japanese Yen ) This pair is also great pair among traders with good technical accuracy rates.USDJPY average daily movement is around 120-200 Pips
- USDCHF: ( US Dollar and Swiss Franc )This pair moves opposite to the EURUSD most of the time.If EURUSD is in a buying trend, USDCHF may b in good selling pattern in the same time.USDCHF moves 100 to 150 pips in a daily average.
- USDCAD: ( Us Dollar and Canadian Dollar ) Is good pair with high technical accuracy rate.USDCAD average daily movement is around 100 to 150 Pips.
- AUDUSD: ( Australian Dollar and Us Dollar ) AUDUSD moves slowly as compared to other currency pairs.The average daily flow of AUDUSD is around 100 to 150 Pips.
- NZDUSD: ( Newzealand Dollar and Us Dollar ) NZDUSD is not very popular currency pair.We consider NZDUSD a major pair because the dollar is involved.NZDUSD moves 100 to 150 pips in average daily.
Forex Cross Currency Pairs
As we discuss in above lesson , the vast majority of forex transactions have the Dollar involve. Currency Crosses are the currency pairs in which dollar doesn’t involve directly i-e GBPJPY , EURGBP , EURJPY etc.
Long term traders Pay a lot of attentions in crosses because of less volatility during US major impacts.
Below is the list of popular crosses pairs in forex market.
EUR Crosses JPY Crosses GBP Crosses